Addressing the needs of multimedia image-makers, the silver FUJIFILM X-T4 is a versatile mirrorless camera that blends advanced stills and video capabilities along with enhanced workflow and assistive functionality. Utilizing a proven and well-regarded APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, the X-T4 is capable of high-resolution recording along with support for DCI/UHD 4K video at 60 fps, Full HD recording up to 240 fps, sensitivity from ISO 160-12800, and continuous shooting up to 15 fps with the mechanical shutter. The BSI design of the sensor affords reduced noise and greater overall clarity and is paired with the X-Processor 4 to achieve fast performance and improved responsiveness. The sensor’s design also enables a hybrid autofocus system that combines 425 phase-detection points with a contrast-detection system for quick and accurate AF performance. Additionally, complementing all aspects of image production, the X-T4 also incorporates a 6.5 stop-effective sensor-shift image stabilization system to reduce the appearance of camera shake with almost any mounted lens.
Beyond the sensor and processor capabilities, FUJIFILM’s cameras are also beloved for their physical design, and the X-T4 has an updated design for improved handling and shooting efficiency. A large, bright 3.69m-dot electronic viewfinder can be set to a 100 fps refresh rate for notable smoothness when panning or tracking subjects. Conversely, the rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD now features a vari-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles; or it can be closed against the body if just working with the EVF. Dual SD UHS-II memory card slots offer file-saving flexibility and the X-T4 supports the updated, high capacity NP-W235 battery that provides approximately 600 shots per charge. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enables wireless remote camera control and image sharing to a mobile device.
Explore the Possibilities
FUJIFILM X-T4 is a hybrid camera that uses cutting-edge technology to excel in creating both stills and motion imagery. Free yourself from compromise and be the image maker you’ve always wanted to be. With the fourth-generation X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, X-Processor 4, a newly developed, compact in-body image stabilization (IBIS) system, the new ETERNA Bleach Bypass Film Simulation mode, and much more, it’s time to extend your creative limits with this incredible imaging tool.
Body Design X-T4
- Bright, high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 0.75x magnification and the EVF’s refresh rate can be pushed to 100 fps to reduce lag for smoother panning and tracking movements.
- Vari-angle 3.0″ 1.62m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive operation and playback, and the articulating design greatly benefits working from high and low shooting angles. This vari-angle design also means you can close the screen against the camera body, hiding it from view for distraction-free shooting.
- The top plate incorporates a series of locking dials and levers for fast, intuitive control over exposure settings, including dedicated shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation dials that offer direct settings adjustment, even when the camera is off. This exposure compensation dial also has a C position to afford an expanded +/- 5 EV range when working with the command dials.
- Front and rear command dials integrate a push function for easier use and settings selection.
- Rear joystick is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback.
- Redeveloped mechanical shutter has improved durability and is rated for 300,000 actuations.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or to use the device to remotely control the camera.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support up to the UHS-II standard for fast and flexible file storage.
Included NP-W235 battery provides approximately 600 frames per charge when working with the EVF.
For over 85 years, Fujifilm has been using its expertise in color science to produce some of the greatest photographic films in the industry. X-T4 harnesses the nostalgic beauty of this medium and makes it digitally accessible at the touch of a button. This has never been more apparent than with our latest Film Simulation mode: ETERNA Bleach Bypass, which creates a high-contrast look with low saturation to perfectly emulate the popular bleach bypass film processing technique.ccording to FUJIFILM research, February 2020.
In-Body Image Stabilization
UHD and DCI 4K Video Recording
Built-in 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 6.5 stops. This system works in conjunction with most X Series lenses, including non-stabilized ones, and benefits working with slower shutter speeds and when shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Additionally, 4-axis digital image stabilization can also be used during video recording to further aid in steadying footage, especially when recording handheld.
Expanding its capabilities beyond stills, the X-T4 offers a versatile array of video capabilities, including internal DCI/UHD 4K recording at up to 60 fps and Full HD recording up to 240 fps for ultra slow-motion playback. Greatly benefitting overall video performance, the speed of the X-Processor 4 enables fast read speeds when recording video and helps to reduce rolling shutter distortion when filming moving subjects. Also, a micro-HDMI port enables 10-bit 4:2:2 recording to an optional external recorder.
In addition to the supported 10-bit color depth, the X-T4 also includes the F-Log gamma setting, which provides a flat picture for use in advanced color grading software during editing. This maximizes the potential dynamic range in difficult scenes and image adjustments can be made, as well, to highlight tone, shadow tone, color, and sharpness.
Also, the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack and 2.5mm remote port with included headphone adapter for more advanced audio solutions.
Professional image makers need to be ready to frame moments instantly and, for that, they need a camera that can keep up. Not only does X-T4 deliver the fastest autofocus among APS-C mirrorless cameras at 0.02 seconds*, it is also equipped with a mechanical shutter capable of up to 15 frames per second, so you are ready to create images even during those fleeting moments.< br />
*According to FUJIFILM research, February 2020.
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
Revolving around a highly versatile sensor, the X-T4 features an APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, which has a back-illuminated design to afford smooth tonal rendering, improved low-light performance, and a wide native sensitivity range of ISO 160-12800. As an X-Trans sensor, it utilizes a randomized pixel array, too, which provides a high degree of image quality and sharpness due to the omission of an optical low-pass filter. Versus conventional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely mimics the organic nature of film in order to produce nuanced colors and tonal transitions, while also reducing moiré and aliasing.
The sensor’s design also includes an expanded phase-detection autofocus system, which has 425 selectable points that cover nearly the entire sensor area. This AF system delivers faster, more accurate focusing performance in a variety of lighting conditions down to -6 EV. Complementing the imaging and focusing capabilities, an updated X-Processor 4 is also featured, which has a quad-core CPU, and delivers faster, more responsive performance throughout the camera system, including a full-resolution 15 fps shooting rate with the mechanical shutter, 20 fps rate with an electronic shutter, or a 30 fps rate with an electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop.
X-T4 is a camera that has been created to ensure nothing stands between you and your creativity, even the most challenging conditions. To achieve this, it includes five-axis 6.5-stop* IBIS, and an ergonomic grip for handheld stability, extensive weather resistance for protection against dust, moisture, and 14°F (-10°C) temperatures, and a large-capacity battery, all designed to keep you creating for longer.
*Achieved with 18 XF FUJINON lenses.
Film Simulation Modes
- Taking advantage of FUJIFILM’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-T4 integrates several Film Simulation modes, which mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM’s classic film types:
- Provia: The standard contrast and normal saturation color transparency film
- Velvia: High contrast, high color saturation, and vivid color transparency film
- Astia: Subdued contrast and color saturation with a look that is ideal for portraits
- Classic Chrome: Delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction, similar to a dated slide film
- Classic Neg: Muted contrast but vibrant colors with a vintage filmic feel
- PRO Neg—Available with both Hi and Std. contrast options, this mimics the punchy-but-natural feeling of their professional-grade color negative film
- Eterna: For a cinematic look, this provides a flat color, low saturation look well-suited to post-production color grading
- Eterna Bleach Bypass: Refines the standard Eterna look with a higher key, higher contrast feeling while maintaining the overall desaturated look
- Acros: Based on the popular B&W film, this monochrome mode has a distinct tonality and graininess and can be used along with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter effects
- B&W: Straightforward and classic black and white effect with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter options
- Sepia: Everyone’s favorite old-timey look mimicking the popular alternative process
In addition to simulating specific film types, a Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing. Color Chrome and Color Chrome Blue effects are also available to deepen color, tonal response, and gradation with higher saturation colors.
The evolution of X-T4 is not just limited to stills photography. In addition to the Full HD/240p high-speed recording which gives you a maximum 10x slow motion effect, X-T4 features digital image stabilization (DIS) and IS (Image Stabilization) Boost mode. By combining these two image stabilization modes with the powerful IBIS, X-T4 lets you experience a new level of stabilized video shooting without the need for a gimbal or other third party accessories.
Number of effective pixels
26.1 millions pixels
23.5mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 with primary color filter.
Sensor Cleaning system
Ultra Sonic Vibration
SD memory card ( - 2GB) / SDHC memory card ( - 32GB) / SDXC memory card ( - 512GB)
UHS-I / UHS-II / Video Speed Class V90 *1
File format of still image
JPEG: Exif Ver.2.3 *2
Number of recorded pixels
[L]<3:2> 6240 x 4160 <16:9> 6240 x 3512 <1:1> 4160 x 4160
[M]<3:2> 4416 x 2944 <16:9> 4416 x 2488 <1:1> 2944 x 2944
[S]<3:2> 3120 x 2080 <16:9> 3120 x 1760 <1:1> 2080 x 2080
FUJIFILM X mount
TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
P (Program AE) / A (Aperture Priority AE) / S (Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M (Manual Exposure)
-5.0EV - +5.0EV 1/3EV step (Movie: -2.0EV - +2.0EV)
Digital Image Stabilization
IS MODE BOOST
Focal Plane Shutter
Electronic Shutter *3
Electronic front curtain shutter
Mechanical +Electronic shutter
E-front + Mechanical shutter
E-front + Mechanical + Electronic shutter
Synchronized shutter speed for flash
Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (JPEGï¼ 60 frames Lossless compressed RAW / Compressed RAW: 35 frames Uncompressed RAWï¼ 33 frames)
AE Bracketing (Frames: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9 Step: by 1/3EV step, up to Â±3EV steps)
Auto (WHITE PRIORITY, AUTO, AMBIENCE PRIORITY), / Custom1 - 3 / Color temperature selection (2500K - 10000K) /
10sec. / 2sec.
Interval timer shooting
Yes (Setting: Interval, Number of shots, Starting time)
Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)
0.5 inch approx. 3.69 millions dots OLED Color Viewfinder
3.0 inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1.62 millions dots touch screen color LCD monitor(approx. 100% coverage)
* All Intra can be used with following settings.
*For recording movies, use a SD memory card with UHS Speed Class 3 or higher.
Film simulation mode
18 modes (PROVIA/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, ASTIA/Soft, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg.Hi, PRO Neg.Std,
AUTO, 200%, 400%, 800%, 800% +
Roughness: STRONG, WEAK, OFF Size: LARGE, SMALL
Color chrome effect
STRONG, WEAK, OFF
Color chrome Blue
STRONG, WEAK, OFF
Dynamic range setting
Toy camera, Miniature, Pop color, High-key, Low-key, Dynamic tone, Soft focus,
NP-W235 Li-ion battery (included)
(W) 134.6mm x (H) 92.8mm x (D) 63.8mm (minimum depth 37.9mm)
Approx. 607g (including battery and SD memory card)
Starting up period
Li-ion battery NP-W235
*1 Please see the Fujifilm website to check SD memory card compatibility.
*2 Exif 2.3 is a digital camera file format that contains a variety of shooting information for optimal printing.
*3 The Electronic Shutter may not be suitable for fast-moving objects. Flash can not be used.
*4 Approximate number of frames or movie recording time that can be taken with a fully-charged based on CIPA Standard.